Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Chocolate Fridge Cake

It's been far too long since I've baked a cake (new kitchen countdown: a tentative 6 days!) but I couldn't wait any longer, so I trawled through some recipes I have Pinned and found this fab one by My Darlings And Me, a Chocolate Fridge Cake.

I changed a few things (as usual) so it was a layer of malteasers, covered in the melted chocolate/butter/golden syrup (courtesy of the microwave plugged in to behind the sofa), then a layer of rice krispies, a row of curly wurlys, topped with broken up digestives mixed with the remaining melted chocolate/butter/syrup. Left to set in the fridge - hence the name!

A chocolate explosion!




chocolate fridge cake
Chocolate Fridge Cake

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link hun :) your version looks absolutely delicious, the curly wurlys are a fab idea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone loved it! Thanks for the inspiration xx

      Delete
  2. Hi there,

    I'm Laurence and I'm from the new cooking website Gourmandize UK & Ireland (http://www.gourmandize.co.uk). We're looking to get in touch with the people behind our favorite food blogs on the internet and feature them on our website through email interviews.

    We'd love to interview you for our site, would you be interested? Let me know at laurence@gourmandize.co.uk!

    Thanks for your time,

    Laurence
    Gourmandize UK & Ireland

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!